Contributed by Nyonya Su Cagnes
A) 270 g pitted prunes
3 tbsp brandy
3 tbsp rum
(Cut the prunes and soak for 3 days)
B) 10 oz. plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
(Sift these ingredients together)
C) 7 egg whites
3 oz brown sugar
½ tsp Cream of Tartar
(Beat these ingredients until stiff)
D) 7 egg yolks
12 oz butter
4 oz brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Juice of 1 orange
1) Beat butter with the 4 oz sugar until light and fluffy.
2) Add in egg yolks and beat for another 2 minutes.
3) Add in the vanilla essence and orange juice. Add in the prunes gradually.
4) Fold in beaten egg white into butter mixture in one direction and do it quickly.
5) Fold in sifted flour.
6) Pour mixture into lined 12 inch square or round cake tin.
7) Bake at 160 degrees C for 45-50 minutes or until cooked.